The Haygain hay steamer is scientifically proven from 15 studies in 4 countries.
- Extensively researched and tested at, among others, the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester, England
- The Irish Equine Centre has confirmed the effective elimination of aspergillus
- The Kentucky Equine Research Centre showed steamed hay was prefered oner dry or soaked hay
"I have first hand experience with this product because not only do I use the Haygain unit at my hospital, but for my own personal dressage and racehorses, as well" Nathan Slovis, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM. CHT. Director of the McGee Critical Care and Medical Center, Hagyard Equine Medical Institute, Lexington, Kentucky.
- Research showed a 99% reduction in mold, fungi, yeast and bacteria*
- Research showed an effective reduction in water-soluble carbohydrates by 2.3%**
- Research showed a 94% reduction in repirable particles***
Order now from just $949!
Delivery is free, and you can spread the cost over 6 monthly instalments
* Wyss, U. and Prodervaand, N. (2016) Steaming or Soaking, Agroscope Science. Nr 32 p32-33
** James, R. and Moore-Colyer. M.J.S. (2013) Hay for horses: The nutrient content of hay before and after steam treatment in a commercial hay steamer. Proceedings of British Society if Animal Science Conference, Nottingham April 2013 p102
*** Stockdale, C and Moore-Colyer, M.J.S. (2010) Steaming hay for horses: The effect of three different treatments on the respirable particle numbers in hay treated in the Haygain steamer. 5th European Workshop for Equine Nutrition, Cirencester, Sept 2010. The impact of nutrition on the health and welfare of horses. EAAP publication No. 128. Ed Ellis, A. Longland, A.C., Coenen, M and Miraglia, N. p 136-138.